Term of Office
- 2 year term
- Elected in January of odd years
- No specific training is required for this position, but as all positions we encourage you to take as many workshops as desired. Any meal or mileage expenses will be paid by the union.
- 1 hours per month personal time
This committee will:
- Arrange and conduct all social, cultural, and recreational activities of the Local Union, either on the committee’s own initiative or as a result of decisions taken at membership meetings. The committee shall submit reports and proposals to the Executive Board or to the membership as required.
- A budget for the committee will be fixed annually by the membership but, other than that, all social, cultural, and recreational events and activities shall be self-supporting.
- Be responsible for hosting at least one (1) solidarity building event per calendar year.
- The committee shall submit reports and proposals to the Executive Board prior to hosting a social event
The committee members will be the chairperson and two (2) members. A secretary selected from the committee members will have additional duty of tracking all proposed expenses so the cost estimates can be presented to the executive along with any proposals for social events.